Spring is just around the corner. It’s time to open up the windows and give your home a breath of fresh air after such a long winter. Spring time means it’s time to tackle the clutter that has accumulated in your home after the long winter months. At All American Self Storage in San Mateo you can find the space you need to store the valuables you just can’t seem to find the space for. We want to help you in the organization process of your home so we have provided some spring cleaning tips for you below.
After such a cold winter you can now say goodbye to those flannel sheets and trade them in for something that breathes. Light sheets and comforters are best for the summer months that are ahead. When it comes to your closet you will need to rotate your wardrobe from winter season clothes to spring and summer. Storing your winter clothes at All American Self Storage in San Mateo until next season can open up a lot of much needed storage space in your closet.
Spring cleaning is the perfect opportunity to give your kitchen the deep clean it needs. Go through all the items in your fridge and remove anything that has expired. While you are at it go ahead and wipe down the shelves and drawers in your fridge as well. Give your kitchen counters, floors, and stove a good wipe down. We often don’t have the time to clean these properly so doing it now can give you a fresh start for the warm months ahead.
The Living Room
Being cooped up throughout the winter means you have probably accumulated a lot of dust in your living room. Wipe down all of the surfaces in your living room including baseboards and window sills. While you are at it, you can take this time to refresh some of your décor. Brighten up your living room with interesting thrift store finds or colorful couch pillows. Your carpets should be vacuumed and cleaned as well due to the amount of dirt and mud that has been trekked through your house throughout the winter.
Spring cleaning can give your home the breath of fresh air it needs after such a long and cold winter. When you are organizing and cleaning your home and find that you just don’t have the storage space you need, you can count on All American Self Storage in San Mateo to help. Call us today to learn more about our facility and the units we have available.
Keeping your bathroom neat and organized can be difficult. Somehow you are expected to fit all of your bathroom accessories in a very small space. For what you don’t need on a day to day basis you can free up some bathroom storage space at All American Self Storage in San Mateo, CA in one of our secure storage units. For what you need on hand we have provided you with some tips and tricks you can use to increase your storage in your bathroom.
- •Installing under the sink storage can give you the most storage space in your bathroom. This can easily be done by installing shelving and using a variety of sizes in bins to hold all of your bathroom accessories.
- •Hanging storage can be placed behind the door and in areas in your bathroom that you don’t usually use. You can either create your own or purchase hanging storage at most home goods stores.
- •Installing hooks and bins on the inside of your cupboards are the perfect storage solution for a variety of hairstyling tools and small toiletries.
- •Mounting baskets on a free wall or above your toilet is a creative way to store your extra towels, toilet paper, and wash clothes.
- •Shelving placed around the toilet utilizes space that is often not used. These can be purchased pre-made or you can make your own depending on how handy you are. These come in variety of sizes and styles so you can make sure it is the perfect fit for your bathroom.
- •Placing shelves above the door of your bathroom is a great solution for storage you need up and out of the way.
- •Multi-tier baskets can be useful for items you usually keep on your bathroom counter. This will allow you to organize the products you use throughout the day while keeping your counter free of clutter.
- •Mason Jars can be decorated to fit your specific style and are perfect for organizing your smaller bathroom toiletries.
- •Magnetic bars can be placed inside the door of your medicine cabinet or along your bathroom counter to hold hair accessories, make-up, and other beauty products.
Organizing a bathroom may seem like a daunting task at first, but if you are creative and use some of the tips and tricks listed above, you can conquer the clutter in your bathroom. If you find yourself needing some extra storage space for any of your valuables, you can trust All American Self Storage in San Mateo, CA to give you the space you need at the price that is right for you. Call us today to learn more about what our facility has to offer.
If your new home doesn’t have a pantry to store your food, there is no need to worry. At All American Self Storage in San Mateo, CA we pride ourselves on helping you to have an organized living space. While we can provide you with the space you need for a large assortment of your items, you can create the space you need in your home for storing food. Below are some options of food storage for your pantry-less kitchen.
- •Wire Shelving can provide you with the storage space you need in your kitchen while providing a more industrial touch to the décor. To make the shelving seem more organized invest in matching bins and cohesive packaging.
- •Bookshelves are the perfect solution to adding storage to your pantry-less kitchen. They come in a variety of colors and styles that can perfectly match your style and décor already in place in your kitchen. Bookshelves make it easy to add drawers for concealed storage and a large amount of space for the items you need to store.
- •A Wardrobe is a great food storage solution if you are wanting a more concealed storage option. The doors will keep the food items out of sight while the shelving inside the wardrobe will provide adequate storage for everything you need to stash away.
- •Rolling Carts could be another storage option for you as well. These have dual functionality provide you with storage within the cart and a working and moving space above. While this is a smaller storage solution it can be perfect for keeping jars or cans out of the way.
- •Drawers are always an option for food storage. Depending on the size of the drawer you can store a substantial amount. Stay organized and create dividers or bins to hold different food items.
- •Kitchen cabinets are an easy storage solution for your pantry-less kitchen. While you may be tight on space in your small kitchen, consider placing any duplicate kitchen accessories in a storage unit at All American Self Storage in San Mateo, CA. This will open up enough cabinet space for you to store your food items.
Even if you are tight on space and are faced with pantry-less kitchen there are always options when it comes to finding the storage space you need. Don’t be afraid to get creative and even go a little unconventional. What matters is if it works for you. To keep your kitchen and the rest of your home organized consider renting a storage unit from All American Self Storage in San Mateo, CA. We can give you the space you need at a great price. Call us today for more information regarding our facility and our storage units.
Congratulations! You are having a baby. Now is the time to prepare the nursery for the new bundle of joy that will soon be in your life. Organizing a nursery may be daunting due to the fact you have a large amount of baby accessories to find space for. At All American Self Storage in Redwood City, CA we pride ourselves on helping you to stay organized. We have provided you with some nursery storage tips and tricks below for you to try out on your little one’s room.
Open shelving on floor level is perfect for your child’s nursery. As they grow then can interact with the toys you store there. There are a variety of styles and types of shelving you can choose from to fit the décor of your nursery. Maximize on the organization by making or purchasing storage bins to hold all the necessary accessories your baby will need.
Large and small bins can be created or purchased to hold all of your child’s items. Don’t be afraid to add pops of color to coordinate with the décor of the room. Bins can be placed in the closet, on shelves, and even under the bed. Plastic storage bins made specifically for under the bed storage can be purchased and are a life saver when it comes to storing the large amounts of diapers and wipes you have to keep on hand.
Label everything you can, especially when it comes to clothing. Baby clothing comes in a variety of sizes and you will go through clothing faster than you can believe. Labeling drawers, bins, and hangers of clothing sizes can save you the time of digging through unorganized piles of clothing.
Buckets can be used as a fun alternative to bins. As your child grows they will want to access all of their toys on their own. Decorate the buckets with fun colors or characters to get your child interested in using the buckets.
Hanging storage can be made or purchased for areas that are tight on space. Hanging these storage units behind doors and in corners from the ceiling can give you the additional storage space that you need in your nursery.
As your child grows your nursery will acquire more and more items. Starting off on the right foot in regards to organization will make it easier for you in the long run. As you acquire more items you can trust All American Self Storage in Redwood City, CA for the additional space that you need. We have a variety of units available at our facility to suit your needs. Call us today for more information.
Living in a small space can prove to be frustrating. The key to living in such a small space is to stay organized. By going through your belongings and determining what you can keep, donate, and store is the first step you can take to having a clutter free space. Having a storage unit at All American Self Storage in San Mateo will keep your valuables safe and secure while giving you the space you need. Below are some tips to make your small space seem just a little larger.
Keep what you need
The hardest part about downsizing into a smaller place is determining what you should keep. When living in a small space you only have room for what you absolutely need. If there are some items you just can’t seem to part with and don’t have space for, a storage unit is the perfect solution. All American Self Storage in San Mateo has a variety of storage units available with a price to fit your budget. This way you can keep what you want and have those items when you move again in the future.
Your color pallet
Painting a small space can either make it seem larger or smaller. Expanding your color palette and being open to colors you haven’t considered before is often necessary. By picking light colors you can make a small space seem a lot larger. Painting dark cabinets a lighter color will also help enlarge your kitchens and bathrooms.
Get rid of duplicates
Having multiples items such as dishes, cookware, and furniture pieces can take up space that could be used for the items you need in your home. Go back to the basics and keep what you use. These are the items that should be considered for donations or storage.
When decorating your home with family portraits and artwork, hang them just a little higher than you normally would. This will give the illusion of a larger wall and ceiling. By adding mirrors to your existing décor you can also create an illusion of more space within a room.
While it may take some work to make your small living space feel large, it will be worth all the time and effort you put into your space. Don’t get discouraged when you feel like you don’t have enough room for all of your belongings. The storage units at All American Self Storage in San Mateo gives you the space your home can’t. Call one of our friendly customer service associates for more information on the units we have available.