When you are renting a storage unit at All American Self Storage in San Mateo you should be aware of some of the rules and regulations we keep at our facility. These rules are set in place for the protection of your items as well as our other customer’s items. While you are able to store most of our valuables at our facility, we have provided a list of items you should avoid placing in your unit.
- Living or kenneling in a storage unit is not allowed or recommended. While a storage unit may be cheaper than room and board for you or your pets, it is not suitable for living in. It can be hazardous to the health and the well-being of your pets. If you do place your animal in a storage unit you may be charged with animal cruelty.
- Plants will not survive in a storage unit. They need fresh air and sunlight in order to thrive and grow. Additionally they could attract unwanted guests, such as bugs and rodents, which can cause damage to the other items you are storing in your unit.
- Firearms, munitions, gunpowder and explosives are also not allowed. The probability of something going wrong with any of these items is too high for them to be placed in storage. If an accident does occur it can cause harm to your items as well as others who have units in the facility.
- Most foods are also prohibited in storage units. When food is placed in a storage unit it can attract unwanted guests and have the potential to rot. It can cause extensive damage to the items in your storage unit as well as the units next to yours. One exception to this rule is canned goods.
- Hazardous material and waste storage should not be placed in your storage unit. If it’s corrosive, chemical, odorous, noxious or toxic, it can’t go in storage, either. This includes lead paint, asbestos, urea formaldehyde, polychlorinated biphenyl, petroleum, petroleum products and constituents, methane, medical waste, toxic substances and related materials as defined in several federal acts and state statutes.
- Cash should be placed in a bank account or safely in your home. Having cash placed in your storage unit causes too much risk of a break in or a loss in money if the cash were to be destroyed by acts of nature.
As you can see there are just a few items we don’t want you to place in your storage unit, but there are so many more items you can have stored here at our facility. If you have any questions regarding the items that are allowed to be stored at our facility, feel free to call us. We are happy to help you in all of your self-storage needs at All American Self Storage in San Mateo.